Audition: Baritone and Bass singers to the Göteborg Opera’s Male Chorus
Last day for applications 21 September 2020
The chorus consists of 46 professional singers and performs in most of our opera productions as well as concerts. Members of the chorus are regularly used for solo parts and are occasionally given the opportunity to cover lead roles. We consider drama and movement to be important elements of the chorus' work.
The Göteborg Opera wish to employ four singers for the baritone/bass section, in the opera chorus. All four positions are permanent contracts and start with a probationary year on the 1st of July 2021.
- Higher education from Music or Opera Academy or equivalent.
- Our working languages are Swedish and English.
- Stage experience from musical theatre is considered a merit.
Auditions, by personal invitation, will take place 15–16 November 2020.
On day 1 (15 November), a selection process will be done, and some candidates will proceed to day 2 of the audition (16 November). Selected candidates will receive detailed information about the audition, and the audition procedure by 15 October 2020, at the latest.
For the audition we would like you to prepare:
- One aria of your choice, performed from memory.
- One Mozart-aria, performed from memory.
- One aria of your choice, performed from memory. (May be the same aria as in round 1)
- Chorus excerpts (to be performed with members of the Opera chorus, sheet music allowed - the sheet music will be sent to you together with the invitation)
Last day for applications is 21 September 2020
Please note that we only accept applications through our online recruiting system Varbi.
We look forward to receiving your application!
If you have questions, please contact:
Martin Nagashima Toft
tel. +46 31 108 082
tel. +46 31 108 070
Union representative, Symf
tel. +46 31 108 000