- 5 jan 2019, Main Stage.
- Valentina Peleggi
- Frida Engström
- Kerstin Avemo
- Katarina Karnéus
- Joachim Bäckström
- Bass / Bass-baritone
- Anders Lorentzson
- Musical artists
- Max Jansson, Magnus Lundgren, Anna Salonen, Micaela Sjöstedt, Jacob Walleberg, Anna Werner
- Students from the Swedish Ballet School
- Lars-Erik Persson
- The Göteborg Opera Orchestra
- Conncert Master, GöteborgsOperans Orkester
- Dieter Schöning
- GöteborgsOperans Wienerkapell, led by Dieter Schöning
- Startdust Big Swing Band
- Band master, Startdust Big Swing Band
- Jan Eliason
- Vocalists, Startdust Big Swing Band
- Erik Gullbransson, Smoke Rings Sisters
- Piano, in the foyer
- Bernard Matracki
Tickets SEK 460–625. Can be selected as part of the Your Choice subscription.
Twelfth Night Concert and Ball
Experience an unforgettable Twelfth Night, overflowing with fantastic music and delicious food and drink. A magical winter’s evening featuring a tailor-made concert in celebration of the 200th anniversary of the birth of operetta maestro Jacques Offenbach. After the concert, the Main Stage will be transformed into a ballroom, where the Göteborg Opera’s Viennese Orchestra will strike up some dance music, and later pass the baton to Stardust Big Swing Band, featuring guest artists. As the dancers sweep past you’ll see tail-coats, tuxedos, full-length silk gowns, black sheath dresses and kilts – dress in whatever you think is beautiful!
- 4.00pm: Restaurant and OperaBar open (pre-booked guests only - see below).
- 5.45pm: Café opens, or 5.15 pm for guests who have pre-ordered the shrimp sandwich (see below for booking).
- 6.00pm: Welcome drink served in the foyer
- 7.00pm: The concert begins
- 9.20pm (approx.): Ball begins on the Main Stage
- 12.30am: Event closes
After the concert, the restaurant, café and bar will be open for light refreshments. Limited seating.
We also offer dance classes in conjunction with the Twelfth Night Concert and Ball, where you can learn the basics (or brush up your skills) for foxtrot and waltz.
Lessons will be held in the foyer on four occasions:
- 2 Jan at 6pm, and again at 7.30pm
- 4 Jan at 6pm, and again at 7.30pm
Tickets must be booked in advance via our box office on tel. +46 31 13 13 00.
SEK 100 per person and occasion.
Food & drink
Choose for yourself whether to top off the evening with something delicious from the Göteborg Opera’s specially designed menus which are served before or after the concert. The restaurant, Opera Bar and cafés each have their own menu. Most of the dinner options must be pre-booked and we recommend that you arrange this well in advance.
Pre-concert Menu – Restaurant
N.B. The pre-concert menu service is now fully booked!Served before the concert, seating 4–4.30pm
Starter – Duck thigh terrine flavoured with duck liver from Swedish ducks, served with feta cheese, pear jelly and pickled yellow beet emulsion
Main Course – Baked back of cod with roasted cauliflower crème, black salsify, sea butter and browned butter foam
Dessert – Hazelnut and Oriado mousse on salted almond base with blueberry and lime variation
Pre-concert buffet – Opera Bar.
N.B. The Opera Bar is now fully booked!
Served before the concert, seating 4–4.30pm
- Blinis with whitefish roe, smetana and red onion
- Grilled beef tartar with truffle and tarragon crème
- The Opera’s luxurious shellfish cake topped with trout roe
- Sesame blackened salmon with wasabi crème and soy pearls
- Duck terrine with mushroom crème and artichoke chips
- Warm, baked side of pork with cauliflower crème and kale chips
- Caesar salad with croutons
- Creamy potato salad
- Tomato and feta cheese salad
- Bread roll, butter and cheese
- Mini crème brûlée
- Mini cones with hazelnut mousse
Evening menu – Restaurant
Served after the concert
Tables in the restaurant for directly after the concert are already fully booked, but the restaurant takes drop-in guests up until midnight.
Cauliflower and truffle soup with butter fried wild mushrooms and herb salad
Charcuterie and cheese platter with olives and bread
The Opera’s shrimp sandwich on organic Danish rye bread with horse-radish mayonnaise
Bookmaker on butter fried bread with Dijon crème, egg yolk, horse-radish and chips
Hazelnut and Oriado mousse on salted almond base with blueberry and lime variation
Shrimp sandwich & drink, SEK 349
You can also choose to the Göteborg Opera’s shrimp sandwich with a glass of white wine or mineral water.
The sandwich & drink must be pre-booked via our booking service (using the link below) and is served at places outside the Upper Stalls and 1st Balcony at 5.15pm. Limited places available.
5 January 2019