- 8 mar 2018, Main Stage.
- Duration: Approx 1 h 50 minuters including intermisson
- Ruut Kiiski
- Song soloist and presenter
- Matilda Paulsson
- Violin solo
- Yuki Tashiro
- Horn solo
- Alexander Hambleton
- The Göteborg Opera Orchestra
Tickets SEK 100–295
Orchestral concert with music by female composers.
On International Women’s Day, the Göteborg Opera Orchestra will put on a varied and highly anticipated orchestral concert of music by female composers.
The pieces range from Sweden’s first female cathedral organist, a daughter of Gothenburg: the 19th century's Elfrida Andrée, via the British Ethel Smyth – one of the first women whose operas were produced in full, the Austrian Alma Mahler (so much more than merely the spouse of Gustav Mahler), the French Germaine Tailleferre, who was the only female member of the famous French group of composers known as ‘Les Six’, up to contemporary figures such as Joan Tower, an enormously successful composer from the USA.
Song soloist and presenter:
Matilda Paulsson (mezzo-soprano)
Soloist: Yuki Tashiro (violin), Alexander Hambleton (horn)
- Joan Tower – Fanfare for the Uncommon Woman No. 6
- Ethel Smyth – Concerto for violin, horn and orchestra
- Elfrida Andrée – Concerto Overture in D Major
- Alma Mahler – songs (orchestration by Jorma Panula)
- Germaine Tailleferre – Overture from 1932