Film Music: John Williams
Star Wars, Harry Potter, ET, Indiana Jones and more. With the Göteborg Opera Orchestra.
John Williams is one of the world’s most popular composers of film scores. With more than 100 scores to his credit he’s one of the most productive, and with 5 Academy Awards and 51 Oscar nominations he’s also one of the most successful. He’s mostly known for the majestic and emotional themes for movies such as Star Wars, Harry Potter, ET, Indiana Jones, Jaws, Superman, Jurassic Park and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. In 2005, the American Film Institute acknowledge his score to Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope as the #1 film score of all time.
The internationally active conductor Nick Davies is a regular guest at the Göteborg Opera and rates John Williams as his number one film score composer. This time, he takes the Göteborg Opera Orchestra on a majestic journey that, besides all of the above, also contains music from Fiddler on the Roof, The Terminal and Schindler’s List.
- Superman: Main Title March, Love Theme
- Hook: ”Flight to Neverland”
- The Terminal: ”The Tale of Viktor Navorski”
- Jaws: Main Title
- Jurassic Park: Theme
- Indiana Jones: ”The Adventures of Mutt”, End Title Suite
- Schindler’s List: Theme
- E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial: ”Adventures on Earth”
- Star Wars: Main Title
- Goodbye Mr. Chips: Overture
- Fiddler on the Roof: selection from the movie
- Harry Potter: Hedwig’s Theme
- Close Encounters of the Third Kind: Suite
- Star Wars: Across the Stars, Princess Leia’s Theme, The Throne Room, End Title