- 31 may – 2 jun 2019, Main Stage.
- Duration: 2 hours and 45 minutes, including 1 intermission.
Tickets SEK 50–425
Film Music: John Williams
Star Wars, Harry Potter, ET, Indiana Jones and more. With the Göteborg Opera Orchestra.
John Williams is one of the world’s most popular composers of film scores. With more than 100 scores to his credit he’s one of the most productive, and with 5 Academy Awards and 51 Oscar nominations he’s also one of the most successful. He’s mostly known for the majestic and emotional themes for movies such as Star Wars, Harry Potter, ET, Indiana Jones, Jaws, Superman, Jurassic Park and Close Encounters of the Third Kind. In 2005, the American Film Institute acknowledge his score to Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope as the #1 film score of all time.
The internationally active conductor Nick Davies is a regular guest at the Göteborg Opera and rates John Williams as his number one film score composer. This time, he takes the Göteborg Opera Orchestra on a majestic journey that, besides all of the above, also contains music from Fiddler on the Roof, The Terminal and Schindler’s List.
- Main Title March, from “Superman”
- Flight to Neverland, from ”Hook”
- The Tale of Viktor Navorski, from ”The Terminal”
- Suite from ”Jaws”
- Theme from ”Jurassic Park”
- The Adventures of Mutt, from ”Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”
- Call of the Crystal, from ”Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull”
- Raiders March, from ”Raiders of the Lost Ark”
- Theme, from ”Schindler’s List”
- Adventures on Earth, from ”E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial”
- Theme from ”Star Wars”
- Overture from ”Goodbye Mr. Chips”
- Excerpts from ”Fiddler on the Roof”
- Hedwig’s Theme from ”Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”
- Theme from ”Close Encounters of the Third Kind”
- Across the Stars from ”Star Wars: Attack of the Clones”
- Princess Leia’s Theme from ”Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope”
- The Throne Room from ”Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope”
- Finale from ”Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope”