- 22 sep 2018 – 6 apr 2019, Main Stage.
- Approx 2 h 50 mins, including 1 intermission
- Musical director and conductor (22, 26, 28, 29 Sep, 13, 14 Oct, 2, 3, 4, 8, 9, 10, 11 Nov, 1, 4, 27 Dec, 11, 12, 24, 25, 26, 27 Jan, 23 Feb, 9, 10 Mar, 5, 6 Apr)
- Alexander Hanson
- Thomas Agerholm
- Set and lighting design
- Benjamin La Cour
- Original choreography
- Lynne Kurdziel Formato
- Assistant choreographer
- Kristen Brooks Sandler
- Conductor (3, 5, 6, 7, 18, 30 Oct, 13, 15, 16, 18 Nov, 30, 31 Dec, 3 Jan, 5, 6, 10, 14, 15, 16, 27 Feb, 1, 2, 27 Mar, 3 Apr)
- Bjorn Dobbelaere
- Conductor (27, 28, 30 Nov, 27, 28, 29 Dec, 18, 19, 20, 31 Jan, 1, 2, 3, 21, 22 Feb, 16, 17, 19, 24 Mar)
- Marie Rosenmir
- Conducter (26, 27 Oct)
- Lars Kvensler
- Video Design
- Thomas Agerholm, Benjamin La Cour och Jakob Bønsdorff Eriksen
- Costume design
- Anna Juul Holm
- Costume design
- Lotte Blichfeldt
- Sound design
- Andreas Renhorn
- Swedish translation
- Fredrik Fischer, Linnea Sjunnesson
- Martin Redhe Nord
- Quasimodo (1 & 29 Dec, 7.30pm)
- Jacob Andréas
- Dom Claude Frollo
- Joa Helgesson
- Dom Claude Frollo (3 & 10 Nov 7.30pm)
- Sami Yousri
- Marsha Songcome
- Esmeralda (6 Oct 3pm & 26 Jan 3pm)
- Micaela Sjöstedt
- Captain Phoebus De Martin
- Jonas Eskil Brehmer
- Captain Phoebus De Martin (2 Feb, 7.30pm)
- Thomas Petterson
- Clopin Trouillefou
- Tobias Ahlsell
- Clopin Trouillefou (10 March 6pm, 19 March 7pm)
- Anders Wängdahl
- Saint Aphrodisius (until 4 Dec)
- David Lundqvist
- Jehan Frollo
- Anders Wängdahl
- Jehan Frollo (10 March 6pm, 19 March 7pm)
- Max Jansson
- Saint Aphrodisius (from 27 Dec)
- Fredrik Lexfors
- Micaela Sjöstedt
- Father Dupin
- Sami Yousri
- Lt Frederic Charlus
- Thomas Petterson
- King Louis XI
- Magnus Lundgren
- Ingahlill Wagelin
- Louise Hafström Ahlsell, Henrik Andersson, Jacob Andréas, Stefan Berkieta, Karolina Engelbrektsson, Nina Hammarklev, Rudina Hatipi, Max Jansson, Elin Ljungberg, Michelle Sjo Lønne, Anna Salonen, Emil Schillén, Carina Söderman, Björn Thudén, Kattis Trollregn, Anna Werner, Lina Zerpe
- Ensemble trainees from Högskolan för scen och musik
- Thomas Wesley Brasel, Frida Helene Hansen, Johanna Kalliokulju, Nils Reinholtz
- The Göteborg Opera Chorus
- The Göteborg Opera Orchestra
Tickets SEK 100–795. Swedish premiere 22 September 2018. Runs until 6 April 2019, 80 performances. © Disney Included in the Premiere and Weekday subcriptions, and can be selected in the Your Choice subscription.
Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame – The Musical
A breathtaking adventure about what it means to be a hero.
Musical in two acts. Music ALAN MENKEN. Lyrics STEPHEN SCHWARTZ. Book PETER PARNELL.
Based on the VICTOR HUGO novel and songs from the DISNEY film.
Performed in Swedish (new translation). Surtitles in Swedish and English.
Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame – THE MUSICAL tells a dark story of love and moral courage. In the center are the warm-hearted Quasimodo; his oppressive guardian Claude Frollo; the courageous Esmeralda, and the valiant captain Phoebus. Their fates and paths are crossed in 16th century Paris where Quasimodo and Esmeralda fight together for a more humane world. Their uplifting adventures and tragic tales become an intense evening of music and theatre.
The digital set design gives the feeling of being inside the Notre-Dame cathedral and on the bustling streets surrounding it. There is also an option for some of the audience members sit on the stage itself, as quiet witnesses included in the drama and large chorus.
The musical is based on Disney’s landmark 1996 animated film The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Victor Hugo’s legendary 1831 novel of the same name. It is created by the Oscar-winning team of Alan Menken, composer of Disney’s Aladdin, The Little Mermaid, Beauty & the Beast, and Stephen Schwartz, lyricist for Prince of Egypt and Disney’s Pocahontas, and contains music from the animated movie as well as new songs.
Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame – THE MUSICAL is staged in collaboration with Fredericia Teater in Denmark, where it had its Scandinavian premiere in October 2016. The show was an enormous success among audiences and reviewers alike, receiving three awards, including “Best Musical”.
The performance is recommended for everyone above the age of 7.
Photos from the show
Welcome up on stage!
Stage seating for Disney’s The Hunchback of Notre Dame – the musical
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to experience a performance from onstage? Would you like to see stage technicians and artists working up close? Then take the chance to buy a ticket to our stage seats – it’s an experience you won’t want to miss!
With a stage ticket you will sit as a silent witness on the Main Stage, visible to the audience in the auditorium, and becoming a part of the performance’s atmosphere. Immersed in the performance, you will experience up close how a big musical production is staged.
To sit on stage is an exciting and unusual experience, but of course requires some ground rules:
- You must be over 12 years old to sit at one of the stage seats.
- You will be sitting on church pews which will be repositioned several times during the performance. This will lead to a changing viewpoint which will at times give you limited visibility of the performance, affecting your experience of both lighting and sound.
- You are a part of the scenery! You may not talk and must keep movement to a bare minimum since everything you do will be visible to the audience who are seated in the auditorium.
- It can become warm on stage under the lights, and you will also be given a black cape with a hood to wear during the performance so that you blend in amongst the performers. Choose your clothes with this in mind.
- You will not be allowed to stand up or leave your seat for security reasons – since heavy scenery can be moved around at unexpected moments, or performers may need to quickly leave the stage in the dark. (An usher will be present on one of the stage seats to assist if you must leave your seat, in acute circumstances only.)
- You need to arrive earlier than usual. Outer clothing and bags should already be left at the wardrobe and last-minute visits to the bathroom need to be finished before you assemble to go on stage 15 minutes before the show begins. If you arrive late you will not be allowed to sit on stage – either before or after the intermission. Nor can we guarantee a seat in the auditorium, since the performance may be sold out.
- You may leave your bag, mobile phone, wallet or purse in a locker before going on stage.
- You may not take food, drink or mobile phones on stage.
- For security reasons – i.e. if we need to evacuate the building quickly – we are unable to seat those of you with severe to total visual impairment*, use crutches, a wheelchair, a walker or similar mobility aids.
* You are however more than welcome on stage if you are visually impaired but have a guide/escort accompanying you. To book a ticket for both you and your guide, contact us on +46 31 13 13 00.
If you buy a stage seat ticket, we will contact you with some more information a few days before the performance. You buy tickets for stage seats the same way as any other seats in the auditorium, by using the “Buy ticket” button on this page. Choose price zone O: “Scenplats”.
If you have any further questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +46 31 131 300.
If you buy a stage seat ticket, you are also elegible to buy a regular auditorium ticket for a 25% discount if you wish to see the performance again. To use this offer, contact the box office on tel. +46 31 13 13 00, email email@example.com or visit the box office in the foyer and tell us your booking number for the stage ticket.
Food and drink on New Year’s Eve
For guests who are visiting for the New Year’s Eve performance of The Hunchback of Notre Dame, we have two choices available: a set menu in the restaurant and a buffet in our OperaBar, both of which are served before the performance, with seating from 4.15pm.
Please note, places are only available for guests with a ticket to the performance of The Hunchback of Notre Dame on 31 December.
Restaurant Menu: 795 kr
N.B. The Restaurant is now fully booked!
Deep-fried langoustine with black radish and king crab salad, yuzu pickled yellow beet, lemon pickled trout roe and pepper mayonnaise
Main Course: Variation of duck
Broiled duck breast, duck thigh terrine flavoured with duck liver from Swedish ducks, mushroom cannelloni, porcini foam, pickled white onion and cauliflower crisp
Raspberry and violet bavaroise with dulce vanilla sauce, lemon curd and roasted white chocolate
Opera Bar buffet menu
N.B. The Opera Bar is now fully booked!
Starter — Morel soup, chorizo
- Blackened deer tartar with spruce shoot mayonnaise and grated horse-radish
- Cones with mushroom crème, parmesan and pistachio
- Scallop ceviche with coriander, chili and mango
- Blinis with whitefish roe, smetana and red onion
- Duck breast in a red-wine sauce
- Black radish salad with king crab, trout roe and pepper mayonnaise
- Deep-fried truffle risotto
- Caesar salad with croutons
- Bulgur wheat, feta and melon salad
- Bread & butter
Dessert — Raspberry and violet bavaroise with dulce vanilla sauce, lemon curd and roasted white chocolate
Shrimp sandwich & drink
You can also choose to the Göteborg Opera’s shrimp sandwich with a glass of white wine or mineral water.
The sandwich & drink must be pre-booked via our booking service (using the link below) and is served at places outside the Upper Stalls and 1st Balcony at 4.15pm. Limited places available.
Swedish premiere 22 September 2018.
80 performances until 6 April 2019.
Performed in Swedish.
This production is presented in cooperation with Music Theatre International (Europe).
About DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS
DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, was formed in 1994 and operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher. Worldwide, its eight Broadway titles have been seen by over 133 million theatergoers and have been nominated for 59 Tony Awards®, winning Broadway’s highest honor 20 times. With 15 productions currently produced or licensed, a Disney musical is being performed professionally somewhere on the planet virtually every hour of the day.
THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME – The Musical is presented through special arrangement with Music Theatre International (MTI). All authorized performance materials are also supplied by MTI. 421 West 54th Street, New York, NY 10019. Phone: 212-541-4684. www.MTIShows.com
About THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY NORDIC
The Walt Disney Company has been actively present with a local organization in the Nordic region since the beginning of the 1990s, today employing around 150 people with regional headquarters in Stockholm and offices in Oslo, Copenhagen and Helsinki. The Nordic organization incorporates representation from three of the company’s four global business segments: Studio Entertainment, Media Networks and Consumer Products. The company’s first product launch to the Nordic market was the children’s magazine Donald Duck, introduced to the region in 1948. The Walt Disney Company in the Nordics is a division of The Walt Disney Company, a leading diversified global family entertainment and media enterprise. The Walt Disney Company employs about 200,000 people across six continents. The company headquarters are located in Burbank, CA.
Disney wordmark, © Disney