The Göteborg Opera has more than 250 000 visitors each year. This provides unique opportunities for companies in the region to make their brand known in cultural contexts.
“ A sponsorship together with the Göteborg Opera involves a close and long-term relationship between two parties”, says Jessica Malmsten, Head of Business Development and Sponsorship at the Göteborg Opera. “And this is of benefit to us both, and is a fruitful exchange. Our sponsors get a unique opportunity to actively improve and develop their brands.”
“The Göteborg Opera is to be one of the leading opera houses in Northern Europe.” THE GÖTEBORG OPERA’S VISION
An attractive messenger in a creative environment.
Companies that wish to sponsor and collaborate with the Göteborg Opera can do so on four different levels. Choose between being a principal sponsor, an opera sponsor, a sponsor, or try a version which we call a Take-a-Seat-sponsor. We also design and tailor various forms of collaboration between businesses.
“Culture is an attractive messenger and as a sponsor one has access to all the resources of the Göteborg Opera in the form of artistic diversity and premises. It’s a creative and stimulating environment and a fantastic channel through which companies can present themselves and make themselves visible ", says Jessica.
The target group of the Göteborg Opera is more far-reaching than that of many other cultural institutions. The unique mixture of opera, dance and musicals makes the Göteborg Opera a meeting place that also appeals to a younger audience.
“Many large companies in the region are already sponsors. They, like us, have strong brand names. It’s a strength we should take advantage of.” Peter Hansson
Some of the benefits of sponsorship
This is what you get as a principal sponsor, an opera sponsor or a general sponsor. The amount of visibility and space provided depends on which level is chosen and how the contract has been drawn up.
- The best exposure to a broad and influential target group with real spending power. The sponsors are exhibited in our foyer, in the general programme and in other printed material as well as on the Göteborg Opera’s website.
- Access to a unique meeting place where client activities and special events are tailored to suit your wishes.
- Opportunities to strengthen client relations through culture, and to network with other companies in the region.
- Company in-house development and maintenance of HR activities through various special offers and rebates for employees.
- Invitations to a range of networking activities, such as annual festive evenings and ambassadors’ meetings.
- Tickets for premiers and priority rights for buying tickets for particularly sought-after performances.
Furthermore, you will also be contributing towards long-term ventures that contribute to improving competitiveness and the establishment of new businesses in the region.
Every year all the sponsors receive an invitation to the Göteborg Opera festive evening. On this occasion representatives from business, culture and politics gather to mingle, enjoy good food and drink, and experience a specially-composed performance. For principal and opera sponsors, an annual ambassadors’ meeting is also arranged to which company representatives are invited.
- Two free tickets for four premieres per season.
- An invitation to the festive evening of the season – a highly memorable occasion for the business sector in the West Swedish region. All the sponsors meet up and enjoy a festive programme in the auditorium and the foyer.
- Special offers during the performance season.
- The best exposure of your company in our foyer, on our website and in our general programme.
- A Gold Card to our Opera Bar, an exclusive meeting place for sponsors and guests.
- An invitation to Theme Evenings where you will be invited to inspiring meetings with the masters of the dramatic arts.
- GO Nyheter (The Göteborg Opera News), our quarterly journal with interviews, glimpses from behind the scenes, and documentaries about the cultural and business sectors.
- A hand-crafted miniature chair
Enormous support from the region.
“We have support that is quite unique for a cultural institution in this country", says Jessica Malmsten. “At the Göteborg Opera, sponsorship answers for three and a half percent of our revenues. The average in the cultural sector is one percent.”
The explanation for this goes way back. Just over 20 years have passed since the idea of building an opera house in Gothenburg was first discussed. Not only the city’s politicians, but also the businesses in the region and the general public took an active part in the debate. Furthermore, many people were also willing to make a financial contribution. A number of companies and more than 6000 private individuals sponsored the project. Many of those who first contributed are still, 20 years later, sponsors of the Göteborg Opera.
Get in touch with Jessica Malmsten if you are interested in discussing a sponsorship.
“Sponsorship is a long-term means of both external and internal communication and an important complement to other marketing strategies of the company.” Peter Hansson