Concert and ball. Welcome to Vienna! Experience an unforgettable Twelfth Night at The Göteborg Opera. We will be filling this magical winter's evening with treats for the eyes, ears and palate.
5 January 2015
Tail coat, dinner jacket, little black dress, long dress, kilt – dress in whatever you think looks good!
A welcoming drink in the foyer will start the evening off in advance of the tailor-made concert with The Göteborg Opera Orchestra and soloists. The concert takes you on a trip to Vienna, with all the trappings. During the intermission, the Main Stage will be transformed into a beautifully decorated ballroom, where you will be invited to dance to The Göteborg Opera Viennese Orchestra and Big Band.
Choose for yourself whether to top off the evening with something delicious from our menus. Three-course meals may be pre-booked in the Restaurant. A great tasting buffet will be served in the Opera Bar. In our cafés which, like our restaurant, are open all evening, you can purchase anything from great drinks to snacks and coffee with pastries. You can also pre-order a mingling plate, served from the main café before and after the concert.
The Twelfth Night Concert and Ball is attended by a broad-based audience. Some people know all of the dance steps while others pick up the moves gradually. Ahead of the ball, we are offering sessions to learn the foxtrot and Viennese waltz. This will give you the chance to learn the basics or polish your skills.
Welcome to the Göteborg Opera Restaurant
Twelfth Night is a very special evening - we look forward to sharing it with you! Have a look at the menus on offer below. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us on tel. +46 31-13 13 00
The Restaurant Supper Menu
The restaurant will serve a 3 course supper on 5 January 2015. We take table reservations to serve supper between the times 4:30pm and 5:30pm. The supper menu will be served before the concert.
- Mousseline with scallop St Jacques with shellfish vièrge and cress
- Grilled beef tenderloin with potatoes and root vegetables au gratin, served with béarnaise sauce and red wine jus
- Cloudberry variation
The Opera Bar Buffet
Service starts from 4:30 pm in the Opera Bar and continues until the beginning of the show. Don't forget to try our champagne selection!
- Shellfish pastry with pickled red onion
- Swedish cheese pie with pickled organic oyster mushroom
- Medium rare duck breast with port wine fig
- Blackened salmon with Pernod baked fennel
- Blini with Swedish fresh water whitefish roe, sour cream and red onion
- Pepper fried venison sirloin with lingonberries and thyme
- Caesar salad with croutons
- French potato salad
- Tomato and mozzarella salad
- Bread roll, butter and cheese
- 2 kinds of mousse (chocolate and raspberry) in cones
The Opera Café Tapas/Mingle Platter
Tapas can be pre-ordered to be served either before or after the concert. Make your booking via our restaurant booking service on tel: 031-13 13 00. Payment for tapas and drinks can be made upon your arrival on 5 January.
- Tomato and mozzarella salad with pesto baked chicken breast
- Blackened salmon with French potato salad
- Shellfish cake with Pernod baked fennel
- Swedish cheese pie with oyster mushroom
- Bread roll with cream cheese
The Restaurant à la carte menu
After the concert we open the restaurant again, this time with a more simplified menu. The kitchen will be open 9:00 pm - 1:00 am. The restaurant can take a limited number of reservations for this menu.
Cauliflower and truffle soup with butter fried wild mushrooms and herb salad
Charcuterie and cheese platter with olives and bread mix
The Opera’s shrimp sandwich on organic Danish rye bread with horse-radish mayonnaise
Bookmaker on butter-fried bread with Dijon crème, egg yolk and horseradish, served with potato chips
Chocolate mousse pastry stuffed with meringue, served with accompaniments du jour