Concert. Welcome to our festive concert and ball on the Main Stage as we get 2014 off to a great start!
Experience an unforgettable Twelfth Night at The Göteborg Opera! We will be filling this magical winter's evening with treats for the eyes, ears and palate.
The evening will be introduced with a welcome drink in the foyer before the tailor-made concert with The Göteborg Opera Orchestra and vocal soloists. During the intermission, the Main Stage will be transformed into a beautifully decorated ballroom, where you will be invited to dance to The Göteborg Opera Viennese Orchestra and Big Band. Tail coat, dinner jacket, little black dress, long dress, kilt – dress in whatever you think looks good! You can make your own choice of whether to top off the evening with something delicious from our menus. Three-course meals can be pre-booked in the Restaurant and Opera Bar. In our cafés which, like the restaurant, are open all evening, you can buy everything from great drinks to snacks and coffee with pastries.
Twelfth Night Concert and Ball is attended by a wide range of people. Some people know all of the steps in the dance while others gradually discover the movements. Ahead of Twelfth Night, we are offering a number of lessons in the foxtrot and Viennese waltz. This will give you the opportunity to learn the basics or to brush up on your skills.
Learn the basics of foxtrot and the Viennese waltz. The Göteborg Opera's Twelfth Night concert
and ball is attended by a broad spectrum of people. Some people know every step of the dance while others discover the steps as they go along. Last year's lessons were very popular and, this year too, we are going to be giving a number of lessons in the foxtrot and the Viennese waltz. You will have the chance here to learn the basics (or brush up on your skills). Advance booking only
The dancing lessons will be provided at the Small Stage on four occasions on 2 and 3 January, at 5.30 pm - 6.30 pm and 7.00 pm - 8.00 pm. Must be booked in advance, on +46 (0)31 13 13 00. SEK 100 per person and occasion.
The Göteborg Opera Restaurant
Twelfth Night is a very special evening - we look forward to sharing it with you!
Twelfth Night Supper Menu
N.B. The restaurant's Twelfth Night Supper Menu is now fully booked
- Modern interpretation of Toast Skagen
- Cognac flambéed beef tenderloin with pepper sauce and creamy potatoes au gratin
- The Opera’s blackberry variation
The restaurant will serve a 3 course supper on 5 January 2014, and can take reservations to serve supper between the times 4:30pm and 5:30pm. The supper menu will be served before the concert.
Twelfth Night à la carte menu
After the concert we open the restaurant again, this time with a more simplified menu. The kitchen will be open 9:00pm - 1:00am. The restaurant can take a limited number of reservations for this menu.
Cauliflower and truffle soup with butter fried wild mushrooms and herb salad
Charcuterie and cheese platter with olives and bread mix
The Opera’s shrimp sandwich on organic Danish rye bread with horse-radish mayonnaise
Bookmaker sandwich on butter fried bread with Dijon crème, egg yolk and horse-radish, served with potato chips
Chocolate mousse pastry filled with meringue, served with accompaniment du jour
Twelfth Night Café Tapas Platter
- Parma ham and Italian salami
- Parmesan stuffed olives, marinated artichoke and caper berries
- Pasta salad with sun-dried tomatoes, arugula and roasted sunflower seeds
- Basil and chili marinated shrimp
- French roll
Tapas can be pre-ordered to be served either before or after the concert.
Make your booking via our restaurant booking service on tel: 031-13 13 00.
Payment for tapas and drinks can be made upon your arrival on 5 January 2014.
Twelfth Night Buffet at the Opera Bar
- Shellfish cake on dark rye bread topped with salmon roe
- Blinis with fresh water white fish roe, sour cream and pickled red onion
- Swedish cheese pie with rosemary fried roasted lamb and pickled mushrooms
- Serving of home-made bread with butter and Swedish cheese
- Smoked duck breast with lingonberry compote flavoured with orange and cinnamon
- Chicken mousseline with pistachio and pomegranate
- Potato salad flavoured with caper, red onion and cider vinegar mustard
- Tomato and onion salad with marinated feta cheese
- Caesar salad with croutons
- Warm roast beef
- Chocolate brownie with lemon curd and raspberries
Service starts 16:30 and continues until the beginning of the show.
Don't forget to try our champagne selection!
Learn more about the Opera Bar