- 4 nov 2016 – 4 nov 2016, The Göteborg Opera Foyer.
Autumn half term open house!
Friday, 4 November, 11:30-3:0pm
On the Friday of autumn half term, we invite curious children and their parents to an open house.
Let your imagination sweep you away in the story tent, take a peek at rehearsals and find out what happens behind the curtains, try on some theatrical costumes and let our make-up artists give you a brand new look!
Admission is free for all activities! (Some activities have a limited number of places.
- Open rehearsal of Carmen. Main Stage, 11:30-2:30. Entry to the auditorium via the first balcony
- Story tent in the foyer. 11:30, 1:30 and 2:30. Storytellers: Lisbeth Pettersson and Björn Thudén from the Göteborg Opera Chorus, and Matilda Fritzell (guitar).
- Piano entertainment in the Restaurant. 12 noon to 1.15pm. With Bernard Matracki.
- Guided tours behind the scenes. 12:15, 1:15 and 2:15. Meet at the box office. Tickets available from 11.30.
- Open rehearsal and sing along with the Göteborg Opera Chorus in the orchestral rehearsal room! 12:20, 1:20 and 2:00. (approx. 20 mins). Meet at the box office. Tickets available from 11.30.
- Try on clothes, hats and wigs from the Opera’s costume store! All day in the foyer.
- Get ready to tread the boards with make-up by our own artists! All day in the foyer. Numbered tickets will be handed out on the day.
- Set change on the Main Stage, 2:30-3:00. You will be able to see exactly what happens as our theatre technicians take down the Carmen set to prepare for the evening's performance of Idomeneo.