- 30 may 2015 – 5 jun 2015, Main Stage.
- 45 minutes.
- Choreography and Set Design
- Fredrik Benke Rydman
- Henrik Schaefer
- Coordinator & rehearsal direction for amateur dancers
- Monica Milocco
- Costume Design
- Tomas Sjöstedt
- Lighting Design
- Tobias Hallgren
- Oleg Stepanov
- Aviad Arik Herman
- Fredrik Wentzel
- Angelina Allen
- Therese Fredriksson
- Golden Boys
- Nigel Campbell
- Robin Johansson
- 78 amateur dancers
- Amanda Adamsson, Anna Arvidsson, Stephanie Burchard, Daniel Baleshabadi, Gerd Berg, Mats Berg, Katharina Bodén, Emma del Castillo, Hans-Erich Christenson, Camille Delepierre, AnnMari Dybeck, Elisabeth Ek, Eva Eriksson, Olivia Eriksson, Hilda Engelbrektsson, Susanne Edgren, Mattias Eidervall, Maria Ekvall, Karin Florentsso, Nina Forslund, Maja Fjellborg, Ann-Charlotte Fröjelin, Maria Fält, Oana Georgescu, Hanna Gullberg, My Gren, Jasmine Hasselgren, Beatrice Hugosson, Matilda Hansson, Lina Holgersson, Barbro Hallgren, My Hyltegren, EbbaLi Holmquist, Adina Haglund, Sara Hansen, Angelica Holmberg, Adam Högblom...
- Chloe Ismaily, Klara Johansson, Connie Johansson, Mira Jägemar, Charlotta Järbrink, Aly Josef, Rannhvi Jormin, Ayrin Khamoushi, Freja Källman, Therese Lundgren, Olivia Lenvin, Siri Lundh, Emelie Lassén, Behnz Mostofi, Malin Mogren, Klara Nordgren, Tandi Nyhagen, Agnes Nordin, Tina Petterson, Nina Rigne, Tine Åhlström Riklund, Jenny Svensson, Cornelia Stevenhag, Barbro Svenner, Inez Söderberg, Karin Samuelsson, Mantana Sakula, Ulrika Svensson, Caroline Sjöholm, MariHelen Sandström Falk, Nellie Strand, Alexander Sandström, Jenny Samuelsson, Blå Stenback, Ellen Skoglund, Signe Wirdby, Amanda Wilson, Maria Fahl Vikander, Bo Westerholm, Jessica Högefjord, Åslund, Hannah Åsman, Erika Österlund
- The Göteborg Opera Orchestra
L’OISEAU DE FEU
Fredrik Benke Rydman creates a new version of The Firebird in which GöteborgsOperans Danskompani and some of Sweden's best break-dancers will dance with non-professionals of all ages.
Together with nearly one hundred participants – dance students, street and break dancers, dancers from GöteborgsOperans Danskompani and amateurs of all ages (18-100) – Fredrik Benke Rydman creates a raving firebird to Igor Stravinsky’s music. The Göteborg Opera Orchestra will be conducted by Henrik Schaefer.
Fredrik Benke Rydman is a dancer and choreographer. He was one of the members in Bounce, one of Sweden’s most popular contemporary dance groups ever. In 2011, he created a new version of The Swan Lake – Swan Lake Reloaded – which toured globally and made special performances at The Göteborg Opera in June 2013.
L’Oiseau de feu (The Firebird) is one of Igor Stravinsky’s most esteemed ballets and was composed for the Ballets Russes in 1910. It paved the way for the more modernist Le sacre du printemps (The Rite of Spring) which came a few years later. Fredrik Benke Rydman’s version of The Firebird will take place at a night club, with mafiosos and the nicest person you’ll ever meet.
Taking part in The Firebird are members of GöteborgsOperans Danskompani, close to 100 amateurs, and four of Sweden's most outstanding break dancers: Fredrik Wentzel, Jakob Isaksson, Robin "Rubbish" Johansson and Victor "Viggan" Mengarelli. "Rubbish" and "Viggan" are members of the Grounded crew, which in May 2015 won its fifth national championship in breaking.
With contemporary dance and local performers, this Firebird will spread it wings far above the opera house.
Images from the show
Images from the rehearsals
The Göteborg Opera Restaurant is open the following hours in relation to performances of The Firebird:
• 30 May - The Restaurant opens 2 hours prior to performance.
• 3 June - The Restaurant and The Opera Bar opens 2 hours prior to performance.
• 5 June - The Opera Bar opens 2 hours prior to performance.
Book a table via our booking formula or by ringing us on 031-13 13 00.